This version is compatible with:
- Puppet Enterprise 2019.8.x, 2019.7.x, 2019.5.x, 2019.4.x, 2019.3.x, 2019.2.x, 2019.1.x, 2019.0.x, 2018.1.x, 2017.3.x, 2017.2.x, 2017.1.x, 2016.5.x, 2016.4.x
- Puppet >= 4.7.0 < 7.0.0
Start using this module
- Setup - The basics of getting started with agent_service_controller_tasks
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Reference - An under-the-hood peek at what the module is doing and how
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
- Development - Guide for contributing to the module
This Module Provides Tasks for controlling the puppet agent service on Windows and Linux
The Tasks allow you to disable the service, with a comment, and to enable it again at a later date
Installing this module will populate the tasks available in the PE Console
For Windows node select the windows version of the tasks, for Linux select bash.
disable will accept a description string as to why the service was disabled enable will reenable the service
These tasks produce no output
Users need a complete list of your module's classes, types, defined types providers, facts, and functions, along with the parameters for each. You can provide this list either via Puppet Strings code comments or as a complete list in the README Reference section.
If you are using Puppet Strings code comments, this Reference section should include Strings information so that your users know how to access your documentation.
If you are not using Puppet Strings, include a list of all of your classes, defined types, and so on, along with their parameters. Each element in this listing should include:
- The data type, if applicable.
- A description of what the element does.
- Valid values, if the data type doesn't make it obvious.
- Default value, if any.
Limited to OS's with a bash shell or powershell available
What are tasks?
Modules can contain tasks that take action outside of a desired state managed by Puppet. It’s perfect for troubleshooting or deploying one-off changes, distributing scripts to run across your infrastructure, or automating changes that need to happen in a particular order as part of an application deployment.
Tasks in this module release
This task enable disabled agent services on bash OS platforms
This task enable disabled agent services on windows platforms with powershell available
All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
Updated to PDK 1.10.0 Added PE 2019.0.X support
Fixed absolute file paths in windows tasks
Fixed an issue with the disable bash where parameters being passes caused it not to run