- Module Description - What the module does and why it is useful
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
This puppet module is to install and configure redis. This module uses a hash to build the conf files.
This is a simple puppet module that will configure redis and allow configuraitons using hiera or modifying the defaults using a hash.
Currently, this module will work for RedHat 7 and I will be working on updating with more in the upcoming releases.
This puppet module uses a hash with the defaults from the current version of redis for RedHat 7 family OS. This module is pretty easy to use to manage the redis conf file because it uses the hash to build the file (without the comments). There is no need to update the module if you want to add a new entry to the redis.conf file, all you would need to do is add it to the hash and the next time you apply the module it should exist in the correct file.
- Add/Delete/Modify value in params.pp file (This will make any system that applies this module use those settings. Usage: Use this option only if you want to apply the settings to all machines).
- In the params.pp file set use_hiera and use_sentinel_hiera parameters to
true. This will allow a more flexible configuration for you redis cluster. To create a hash using the hiera data:
There is an issue with using hashes in ruby with the manifests and ERB templates. To fix issue just make the key a unique value so that the erb template can parse hash correctly.
Ex: save option for redis:
'save 900' => '1', 'save 300' => '10', 'save 60' => '10000',
- puppetlabs-stdlib (>= 1.0.0 <5.0.0)