This version is compatible with:
- Puppet Enterprise 2018.1.x, 2017.3.x, 2017.2.x, 2017.1.x, 2016.5.x, 2016.4.x
- Puppet >= 4.7.0 < 6.0.0
Start using this module
- Setup - The basics of getting started with custom_webapp
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Reference - An under-the-hood peek at what the module is doing and how
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
Custom webapp is a simple example application for use in Learning Puppet. It has a simple configuration file, a mysql/mariadb backend, a statically compiled web app, and uses nginx as a webserver. The application itself just serves up the contents of a table in the database called "pages".
The module requires parameters for the mysql backend. You can also set the module to manage an nginx server.
Set up the webapp itself. The class has parameters for configuring the database connection.
Sets up the database using the puppet-mysql and table for the webapp.
Sets up a reverse proxy using nginx to point at the webapp.
This module is just for demonstartion and shouldn't be used in production. It is limited to RedHat 7 based systems.