mate is a Puppet module that installs and manages MATE.
This module is a component of the System Integrity Management Platform a compliance-management framework built on Puppet.
If you find any issues, they may be submitted to our bug tracker.
This module is optimally designed for use within a larger SIMP ecosystem, but it can be used independently:
- When included within the SIMP ecosystem, security compliance settings will be managed from the Puppet server.
- If used independently, all SIMP-managed security subsystems are disabled by default and must be explicitly opted into by administrators. See simp_options for more detail.
To use the module with default settings, just include the class:
You can disable configuration of mate by setting
mate::configure to false.
The module will then only install MATE.
This module makes heavy use of data. The
dconf settings are all data-driven,
and the defaults can be seen in the
You can use the knockout prefix of
-- in front of a key to remove it from the
Hash, like this:
mate::dconf_hash: simp_mate: --org/mate/settings-daemon/plugins/media-keys: org/mate/desktop/media-handling: --automount-open:
Or you can simply set it to the desired value.
Dconf settings are locked by default so that users can't change them.
This can be disabled on a per setting basis, like in this entry for wallpaper
mate::dconf_hash: simp_mate: org/mate/desktop/background: picture-uri: value: file:///usr/local/corp/puppies.jpg lock: false
See the API documentation
puppet strings for full details.
SIMP Puppet modules are generally intended for use on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and compatible distributions, such as CentOS.
Please see the
metadata.json file for the most up-to-date
list of supported operating systems, Puppet versions, and module dependencies.
This module is compatible with GDM v2, v3.
Please read our [Contribution Guide] (https://simp.readthedocs.io/en/stable/contributors_guide/index.html)
- Thu Jul 23 2020 Jeanne Greulich email@example.com - 1.1.1
- update the upper bound of simplib for SIMP 6.5 release
- Fri Aug 02 2019 Robert Vincent firstname.lastname@example.org - 1.1.0
- Remove Puppet 4 support
- Add Puppet 6 support
- Add puppetlabs-stdlib 6 support
- Thu Mar 07 2019 Liz Nemsick email@example.com - 1.0.2
- Update the upper bound of stdlib to < 6.0.0
- Update a URL in the README.md
- Mon Nov 05 2018 Liz Nemsick firstname.lastname@example.org - 1.0.1
- Update to Hiera 5
- Wed Jun 20 2018 Trevor Vaughan email@example.com - 1.0.0-0
- Initial release of the MATE module
pupmod-simp-mate - A Puppet Module for managing MATE -- Per Section 105 of the Copyright Act of 1976, these works are not entitled to domestic copyright protection under US Federal law. The US Government retains the right to pursue copyright protections outside of the United States. The United States Government has unlimited rights in this software and all derivatives thereof, pursuant to the contracts under which it was developed and the License under which it falls. --- Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.