- Setup - The basics of getting started with nis
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Reference - An under-the-hood peek at what the module is doing and how
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
- Development - Guide for contributing to the module
Pretty simple NIS client module.
Sets up a NIS client via ypbind/yp.conf, for either a broadcast domain, or list of servers specifically. Does NOT modify nsswitch/authconfig/pam/etc. This JUST sets up NIS. Making your auth' stack use it is up to you.
- ypbind package
- ypbind service
puppet module install sjoeboo-nis
package: String Package name to manage Default 'ypbind'
domain: String NIS domain to join/use, Default 'nis'
servers: Array NIS servers to use if not using a broadcast domain Default 
broadcast: Boolean Toggle broadcast on/off. Default false
This is fairly Redhat (family, ie CentOS, etc) sepecific, though, basic. PR's welcome!
- puppetlabs-stdlib (>= 1.0.0)