This version is compatible with:
- Puppet Enterprise 2018.1.x, 2017.3.x, 2017.2.x, 2017.1.x, 2016.5.x, 2016.4.x
- Puppet >= 4.7.0 < 6.0.0
Start using this module
- Setup - The basics of getting started with puppet_module
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Reference - An under-the-hood peek at what the module is doing and how
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
- Development - Guide for contributing to the module
The puppet_module task enables users to Install, Uninstall, Search, and List modules.
Install the module through your Puppetfile or through the command line on the Puppet Master.
Go to Puppet Web UI > Tasks > Select
These tasks can only run on the Puppet Master.
Fork it, change it, submit it, make it your own, or provide feedback.
What are tasks?
Modules can contain tasks that take action outside of a desired state managed by Puppet. It’s perfect for troubleshooting or deploying one-off changes, distributing scripts to run across your infrastructure, or automating changes that need to happen in a particular order as part of an application deployment.
Tasks in this module release
All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
Features Install from Puppet Forge, uninstall, search the Puppet Forge, and list modules.
Updated document typos and image sizes.
Added the --color-never flag to the command to clean up the output for the 'list' task.
Known Issues The module currently does not allow users to install modules from a tarball (offline) or from another Forge repository.