- Module Description - What the module does and why it is useful
- Setup - The basics of getting started with bashrc
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Reference - An under-the-hood peek at what the module is doing and how
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
- Development - Guide for contributing to the module
This class manages additions to bashrc system-wide. This facilitates a means to run a pre-defermined list of scripts which are fed data derived from puppet for all users on the system.
- The ability to dynamically alter the colors of the user's prompt depending on hiera parameters.
- the ability to enable git integration with your tab completion
- the ability to customize the left and right sides of the prompt.
- The ability to display git branch statistics for the current branch
- The ability to feed a script a list of servicenames, and their corresponding processnames to report the status, and number of processes at login.
- The ability to feed a script a list of portnames, protocol, port number, and detail level to report on at login
- The ability to feed a script a list of repositories, and their corresponding filesystem path. it can report the branch and status of the repository found at that location
templated files are displayed like this
- Required Classes
This module is intended to be a foundation which can accept other extensions. Each piece of functionality is enabled or disabled in topscope, which inherits its' parameter values from class topscope.
Each submodule has default values in bashrc::config.
bashrc::setup is reponsible for the alterations to
/etc/bashrc and the creation of
bashrc::prompt is responsible for prompt customizations like enabling or disabling and changing the colorization, enabling git branch awareness and enhancements.
bashrc::bashrcdir: '/etc/bashrc.d' bashrc::enable_git_completion: true bashrc::enable_prompt_mods: true bashrc::prompt_color_enable: true bashrc::prompt_git_color: true bashrc::prompt_git_enable: true bashrc::prompt_primary_color: blue bashrc::prompt_secondary_color: red bashrc::prompt_leftblock: '\u' bashrc::prompt_rightblock: '\h \W' bashrc::prompt_separator: '@'
- bashrcdir string
Sets the location of the to be created rc directory
- enable_prompt_mods boolean
Whether or not to put ps1 under puppet control
- enable_git_completion boolean
Whether or not to deploy the git completion script to integrate git into tab awareness https://github.com/git/git/blob/master/contrib/completion/git-completion.bash
- prompt_color_enable boolean
Whether or not to enable the colorization of the shell prompt
- prompt_git_color string
- prompt_git_enable boolean
Whether or not to display git info of the working directory in the prompt
- prompt_primary_color string
What color the left portion of the prompt should be
- prompt_secondary_color string
What color the right portion of the prompt should be
- puppetdir string Supported options: red , green , yellow , blue , purple , cyan , white
Sets where puppet is installed by default. Necessary for template switcher via an inline template
- skelfile string
Sets the location of the skeleton .bashrc file for new users
Wolf Noble email@example.com