This version is compatible with:
- Puppet Enterprise 2018.1.x, 2017.3.x, 2017.2.x, 2017.1.x, 2016.5.x, 2016.4.x
- Puppet >= 4.7.0 < 6.0.0
Start using this module
- Setup - The basics of getting started with stdlib_aws
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Reference - An under-the-hood peek at what the module is doing and how
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
- Development - Guide for contributing to the module
stdlib_aws is a helper module containing various Puppet extensions to assist with managing resources on AWS.
For now, the only think it contains is the function
stdlib_aws::subnets_from_tag, which takes a tag, optionally a tag value, and optionally a region (uses default region otherwise), and returns a list of subnet IDs for all AWS subnets tagged as described.
- Install AWS Ruby SDK into Puppet's Ruby on the master if it's not already present.
/opt/puppetlabs/puppet/bin/gem install aws-sdk
- Configure credentials for the gem in one of the usual ways.
Use the functions! :D
This section is where you describe how to customize, configure, and do the fancy stuff with your module here. It's especially helpful if you include usage examples and code samples for doing things with your module.
NB: puppetmodule.info is updated hourly, so please be patient after a new release!
git clone https://github.com/womply/womply-stdlib_aws.git
puppet strings generate lib/puppet/functions
For now, just fork and make a PR!
- Functions should be in-DSL rather than with Ruby when possible. If you're not sure which to use...ask!
All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
- Fixed typo in subnets_from_tag codebase that causes failures when specifying a key and value for a tag.
- Added type Stdlib_aws::S3bucket to validate S3 bucket names.
- Added stdlib_aws::s3_bucket_to_arn function.
- Uses Stdlib_aws::S3bucket type to validate bucket names.
- Replaced entry in gemfile for
aws-sdk-corewith correct gem,
stdlib_aws::subnet_id_to_cidrfunction. Retrieves a CIDR-notation address for a given AWS Subnet ID.
- Published to forge!
- Version bump for published release!
stdlib_aws::subnets_from_tagfunction. Retrieves a list of AWS subnet IDs based on a supplied tag.
No tests (yet).
- puppetlabs-stdlib (>= 4.13.1 < 5.0.0)