This version is compatible with:
- Puppet Enterprise 2021.0.x, 2019.8.x, 2019.7.x, 2019.5.x, 2019.4.x, 2019.3.x, 2019.2.x, 2019.1.x, 2019.0.x, 2018.1.x, 2017.3.x, 2017.2.x, 2017.1.x, 2016.4.x
- Puppet >= 4.9.0 < 8.0.0
Start using this module
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Reference - An under-the-hood peek at what the module is doing and how
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
This module allows you to install IBM MQ messaging software. It is part of our family of Puppet modules to install and manage IBM messaging middleware. Besides the
mq_install module, this family also contains:
mq_configto configure and manage the MQ software
iib_configto manage and configure IBM Integration Bus software
iib_installto install IBM Integration Bus software
This is a commercially licensed module. But you can use the module on VirtualBox based development systems for FREE. You can request a FREE trial license here
Check the License for details.
mq_install module allows you to install your IBM MQ software on your systems. It automatically configures your OS, creates required users and groups, unpacks the files and registers the license.
Here is an example on how to use this:
Check here to see the full documentation for this module.
mq_install module requires:
- Puppet module
- Puppet version 4.9 or higher. Can be Puppet Enterprise or Puppet Open Source
- IBM MQ 8 or 9 installation.
- A valid License from IBM to use this software.
- A valid entitlement to use this module by Enterprise Modules.
- Runs on most Linux systems, Solaris, AIX and Windows.
To install these modules, you can use a
mod 'enterprisemodules/mq_install' ,'1.5.0'
Then use the
r10K to install the software.
You can also install the software using the
puppet module command:
puppet module install enterprisemodules-mq_install
Building a total MQ setup requires quite some work. To help you, we have built some examples:
These repos contain examples of how you can install and configure a basic MQ setup.
Here you can find some more information regarding this puppet module:
Here is a list of related blog posts:
Some example code:
This module runs most Linux versions, Solaris, AIX and Windows systems. It requires a puppet version higher than 4. Contact us of you need to run this module on other flavors of UNIX. We can work together with you to make it work.
What are tasks?
Modules can contain tasks that take action outside of a desired state managed by Puppet. It’s perfect for troubleshooting or deploying one-off changes, distributing scripts to run across your infrastructure, or automating changes that need to happen in a particular order as part of an application deployment.
Tasks in this module release
- [release] Support puppet 7
- [core] Using Sentive data type for password values
- [autostart] Add support for your own template for the systemd unit
- [autostart] Fix autostart systemd for multiple queue managers
- [autostart] Fix for RHEL 8
- [fixpack] Fix when running on systemd systems
- [core] Add Solaris support
- [core] Add AIX support
- [core] Rename facts to be more os generic
- [core] Add support for Windows
- [fixpack] Add documentation and share some properties between software and fixpack
- [fixpack] Take care of circular dependecy
- [software] Fix the unittests
- [fixpack] Initial implementation
- [software] Refacter to allow addition and removal of rpms after basic install
- [quality] Make acceptance test run on Puppet 6
- [software] Add support for MQ 9.1 components
- [core] Add Puppet 6 unit tests
- [autostart] Fix acceptance test
- [autostart] Add support for standby queue managers
- [acceptance] Fix tests. Not using stdlib 5.0 yet
- [autostart] Make it more rubust
- [core] Update versions of dependency modules
- [autostart] Add support for multi instance queue managers
- [docs] renerate docs with typ info and defaults
- [docs] Add type and defaults
- [core] Fix metadata.json
- [mq_version] Fix faster message
- [mq_version] Handle nil error when invalid version number is received.
- [tasks] Add restart task
- [tasks] Add status task
- [tasks] Add start task
- [tasks] Add stop task
- [release] Better description in the metadata
- [release] Fix link to license in readme
- [release] Added license notice
- [release] Add license text and readme
- [release] Always include puppetlabs_spec_helper gem
- [software] Define tmp_dir in puppet
- [core] Remove support for puppet versions before 4.9
- [autostart] Initial implementation for RedHat 6 and 7
- [os] Make settings easier manageble. And include them in specs
- [quality] Add acceptance tests
- [os] Make all os settings hiera modifyable
- [os] Leave other limits in place
- [os] contain the limits to make sure it is done before the rest
- [os] Add support for NOT managing the home of mqm user
- [os] Add required sysctl parameter
- [software] Fix ordering issue
- [functions] Remove return_type for function.
- [software] Fix selection of optional components
- [software] Cleanup extracted temporary packages
- [os] remove user mquser
- [core] Removed binding and added type
- [core] Fixed bindings
- [core] Added bindings
- [docs] Added documentation
- [os] Make nofile limits bigger
- [software] Make options selectable
- [os] Remove sysctl settings
- [os] Add mqm user
- [installmq] Initial version
Enterprise Modules License d.d. January 2018 This license (“License”) governs the terms and conditions under which mq_install module (“the Software”) is licensed by Enterprise Modules B.V, a limited liability company in the Netherlands, registered in the Dutch Chamber of Commerce: 63689537 (“Licensor”), to the user of the Software (“Licensee”). Article 1. Grant of license 1.1 Licensor hereby grants to Licensee the right to use the Software for its internal business purposes. 1.2 The license granted in the previous paragraph is limited to the use on VirtualBox Virtual machines. For further use a commercial license must be directly obtained from Licensor. Article 2. License limitations 2.1 All right, title and interest to the Software, the accompanying documentation and all modifications and extensions thereto rest and remain with Licensor. Licensee only has the rights and permissions explicitly granted by this License or granted in writing otherwise. Licensee shall not use, copy, modify, distribute or publish the Software in any other manner. Nothing in this License is intended to, and shall not be construed to, transfer to Licensee any rights in intellectual property developed by Licensor. 2.2 In particular, Licensee shall not: a) provide copies of the Software to third parties, including to entities controlling, controlled by or under common control with Licensee; b) sublicense the Software or otherwise make available the Software to such third parties, including by rental, Software-as-a-Service models or otherwise; c) remove indications of Licensor as copyright holder of the Software or to remove or render illegible any part thereof. 2.3 The Software comprises third-party open source software. The respective third-party rights holders grant Licensee the rights indicated in the applicable open source licenses. These licenses can be found in the documentation. The License does not apply to this open source software, and nothing in this License shall be construed as a limitation of any right granted under an open source license. Article 3. Trademark 3.1 This License does not grant permission to use the trade names, trademarks, service marks, or product names of the Licensor, except as required for reasonable and customary use in describing the origin of the Software. Article 4. Limitation of Liability 4.1 Licensor provides the Software on an "AS IS" basis, and expressly disclaims all conditions, representations or warranties, express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of third party rights regarding the Software. Licensor is solely responsible for determining the appropriateness of using the Software and assume any risks associated arising out of or in connection with the Software and this License. 4.2 Licensor shall not be liable for any damages, including consequential, special, punitive and/or incidental damages or fines imposed by regulatory bodies, arising out of or in connection with the Software and this License. 4.3 Licensee shall release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Licensor from and against any and all claims, damages and liability arising in connection with the Software, including from claims, damages or liability from customers of Licensee. Article 5. Miscellaneous 5.1 Licensor reserves the right to change any or all parts of this License without prior notice. 5.2 The law of the Netherlands governs this License and the terms and conditions therein. 5.3 Any disputes arising between Licensor and Licensee in connection with the License will be settled by the competent courts in the Netherlands for the principal place of business of the Licensor.