This version is compatible with:
- Puppet Enterprise 2018.1.x, 2017.3.x, 2017.2.x, 2017.1.x, 2016.5.x, 2016.4.x
- Puppet >= 4.7.0 < 6.0.0
Start using this module
Puppet itlm module
Proof of Concept of Puppet integration with Intelliment Security Policy Automation. This integration allows to define network visibility requirements as code using Puppet, near the definition for each application component.
- Do an advanced configuration management with Puppet
- Use of applications component profiles and roles
- Want to automate all aspects of IT management
- Define network visibility requirements with each component of your applications
- Provision - decomission automatically with each application or component change
- No need for manual operation to get network visibility
- Graphical visualization of network visibility changes
This module should be used with Intelliment Security Policy Automation to define security policies using Puppet code.
Each Puppet node can define two kind of resources:
- The needs to access other systems (
itlm-consumes), defined by
- The services that exposes (
itlm-provides), defined by
destination) can be:
- Any Intelliment object by name
- Any IP address
- Any Puppet class, in this case, the nodes that implement this class will be selected
This module does two operations:
- Stores needs for each node on PuppetDB that will be consumed by Intelliment Security to generate the actual network-wide security policies
- Generates IPtables policies on linux nodes based on the
Intelliment Security checks the Puppet nodes reports on PuppetDB to detect changes on visibility requirements. Requirements can be checked against:
- Intelliment validators: to detect issues with the model.
- Pre-approvals: pre-defined approve/reject based on standard or custom criteria for permissions and compliance.
Deployment can be done directly from Intelliment or delegate to another platform.
Following you can see a short video with a demo showing how to define network visibilities using roles and profiles in Puppet and deploying them in a heterogeneous network infrastructure.
If you want more info, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org