This version is compatible with:
- Puppet Enterprise 2018.1.x, 2017.3.x, 2017.2.x, 2017.1.x, 2016.5.x, 2016.4.x
- Puppet >= 4.7.0 < 6.0.0
Start using this module
Enables Windows Puppet file resource diff on par with Linux
- Setup - The basics of getting started with windows_diff_enable
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Reference - An under-the-hood peek at what the module is doing and how
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
- Development - Guide for contributing to the module
Enables Windows Puppet file resource diff on par with Linux by installing GNU
diff.exe via Chocolatey and setting approprite config settings in puppet.conf.
This allows for a better experience viewing file changes in the Puppet run logs on the command line and in Puppet Enterprise reports.
puppetlabs-inifile and the
chocolatey-chocolatey module to be present on your master.
Just classify your Windows nodes with
windows_diff_enable and you'll be good to go!
There are two parameters that most users won't have to touch:
diff_command- Default value:
'C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\lib\diffutils\tools\bin\diff.exe'is the location of the diff.exe or other diff executable.
puppet_conf- Default value:
'C:\ProgramData\PuppetLabs\puppet\etc\puppet.conf'is the location of the puppet.conf file on the agent.