- Module Description - What the module does and why it is useful
- Setup - The basics of getting started with reportslack
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Reference - An under-the-hood peek at what the module is doing and how
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
- Development - Guide for contributing to the module
This module enables notifications from Puppet Enterprise to your Slack channel, when there are changes in your infrastructure.
This module configures a Puppet Enterprise custom report processor that sends notifications to your slack channel, whenever an agent run has triggered a change in your infrastructure.
- Installs the slack-notifier gem that creates the notifications.
- Adds an extra report processor to puppet.conf .
- Creates an extra report processor (slack).
The module needs pluginsync enabled. It also requires a manual restart of the pe-puppetserver that I've purposely left out of the Puppet code.
Set up an Incoming Webhook on Slack. Use the "Add to slack" button below and follow the process to get an incoming webhook url.
Then simply classify your PE Master group with the reportslack class, setting the webhook_url and channel variable as you got from Slack.
You should get notifications similar to the following in the Slack channel you've chosen:
Look at tests/init.pp for an example implementation.
This module has only been tested with Puppet Enterprise
Regular rules apply, fork & PR.
Thanks to dylanratcliffe and jamtur01 for their code examples! Also thanks to atarinut for their PRs.