Start using this module
Add this module to your Puppetfile:
Learn more about managing modules with a Puppetfilemod 'nohtyp-rhnreg_ks', '0.0.1'
This module provides a custom puppet provider to handle RHN, SATELLITE
and SPACEWALK server registering/un-registering. Also, module handles
Read Licence file for more information.
- puppet-boolean on GitHub
- Gaël Chamoulaud (gchamoul at redhat dot com)
Type and Provider
The module adds the following new types:
rhn_registerfor managing Red Hat Network Registering
- activationkeys: The activation key to use when registering the system
- ensure: Valid values are
absent. Default value is
- force: No need to use this option, unless want to register system every run. Default value
- hardware: Whether or not the hardware information should be probed. Default value is
- packages: Whether or not packages information should be probed. Default value is
- password: The password to use when registering the system (required)
- profile_name: The name the system should use in RHN or Satellite(if not set defaults to
- proxy: If needed, specify the HTTP Proxy
- proxy_password: Specify a password to use with an authenticated http proxy
- proxy_user: Specify a username to use with an authenticated http proxy
- rhnsd: Whether or not rhnsd should be started after registering. Default value is
- server_url: Specify a url to use as a server (required)
- ssl_ca_cert: Specify a file to use as the ssl CA cert
- username: The username to use when registering the system (required)
- virtinfo: Whether or not virtualiztion information should be uploaded. Default value is
Registering Clients to RHN Server with activation keys:
Un-register Clients RHN Server with activation keys:
In your puppet modules directory:
git clone https://github.com/nohtyp/rhnreg_ks.git
Ensure the module is present in your puppetmaster's own environment (it doesn't
have to use it) and that the master has pluginsync enabled. Run the agent on
the puppetmaster to cause the custom types to be synced to its local libdir
puppet master --configprint libdir) and then restart the puppetmaster so it
password are required to connect to the RHN, SATELLITE, SPACEWALK server to check if server previously exists.
In a normal configuration username/password and activationkeys could not be used together, but since this module will support RHN, SATELLITE, SPACEWALK register and un-register by being able to log into the system using the api it needs username/password.
To see the output of what the module is doing, run with the --debug option.
Please file any issues or suggestions on on GitHub
Types in this module release
- adrien/boolean (>=0.9.0)
puppet-rhnreg_ks: rhnreg_ks provider for Puppet Copyright (c) 2013 Gaël Chamoulaud <firstname.lastname@example.org> Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.