- Module Description - What the module does and why it is useful
- Setup - The basics of getting started with fqdn_rand_uuid
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Reference - An under-the-hood peek at what the module is doing and how
The fqdn_rand_uuid module provides the
This function is used to generate UUIDs that are scoped to the node.
Installing this module makes the
This function is called with a seed value. The FQDN of the node combined with the seed value is used to generate the UUID. The returned UUID is in the form of a string (e.g. "1d839dea-5e10-5243-88eb-e66815bd7d5c").
$uuid = fqdn_rand_uuid('test') notice($uuid) # Will print something like "1d839dea-5e10-5243-88eb-e66815bd7d5c".
This module generates a version 5 UUID in its own custom namespace.
The namespace used is
The input to the UUID generator is the FQDN followed by a null byte followed by the seed value.
This file documents the various versions of this module.
0.0.2 - 2016-02-13
- Added a changelog document.
- Fix invalid requirements in metadata.json.
- Fixes for the release scripts, which should enable a more streamlined release process.
First release of this module.