NOTE: I decided to split this package into smaller pieces in order to achieve better reusability. Now this module is only a "virtual" module with no contents and it only defines dependencies to other modules.
This is an enhanced version of puppet package resource and some of its providers.
This is a place, where I develop and test my extended version of puppet package resource with enhanced providers. The releases found at https://forge.puppetlabs.com/ptomulik/packagex are known to be functional and may be used with recent versions of puppet (3.2 and later).
Providers are developed in separate projects, but all the supported providers get installed as a dependencies of this module. Currently the ptomulik-packagex installs the following providers:
- portsx provider,
The resource type is developed in separate project as well, see ptomulik-packagex_resource.
- installs, upgrades, reinstalls and uninstalls packages,
You may need to enable pluginsync in your
Its usage is essentially same as for the original package resource.
The project is held at github:
- https://github.com/ptomulik/puppet-packagex Issue reports, patches, pull requests are welcome!
2014-01-07 Pawel Tomulik firstname.lastname@example.org
- fixed names in .scripts/build-module.sh
- release 0.2.3
- fixed dependencies in Modulefile
- transitioned to virtual module
- release 0.2.2
- added build-module.sh script 2013-01-04 Pawel Tomulik email@example.com
- fixed dependencies in spec_helper_system.rb. 2013-12-13 Pawel Tomulik firstname.lastname@example.org
- release 0.2.1
- applied some erratas to README.md
- fixed issue from Github PR #1 2013-12-12 Pawel Tomulik email@example.com
- release 0.2.0
- added support for pkgng 2013-12-09 Pawel Tomulik firstname.lastname@example.org
- release 0.1.6
- fixed prefetch() to pickup unique portorigin as said in README.md 2013-12-08 Pawel Tomulik email@example.com
- release 0.1.5
- modified portsx such that it also handles packages having no port origin
- release 0.1.4 2013-12-07 Pawel Tomulik firstname.lastname@example.org
- fixed specs in util/ptomulik/packagex/portsx/options_spec.rb 2013-12-06 Pawel Tomulik email@example.com
- release 0.1.2
- optimized prefetch() method
- cosmetic changes to query()
- release 0.1.1
- optimized query() method
- corrections to README.md
- release 0.1.0
- fixed specs (portsx_spec.rb) to not use global symbols,
- fixed converter script to handle some module definitions,
- removed unused scripts
- removed trailing whitespaces in source files
- ptomulik/packagex_portsx (>= 0.1.1)
Packagex - puppet package resource with extensions. Copyright (C) 2013-2014 Paweł Tomulik <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Copyright (C) 2005-2013 Puppet Labs Inc Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.