This version is compatible with:
This module has been deprecated by its author since Oct 27th 2017.
The author has suggested herculesteam-augeasproviders_sysctl as its replacement.
Start using this module
This module is a component of the System Integrity Management Platform, a compliance-management framework built on Puppet.
If you find any issues, they can be submitted to our JIRA.
This module will be removed in the next Major release of SIMP and no longer supported.
Please migrate to the augeasproviders_sysctl module as it now provides all necessary functionality.
Types in this module release
- Wed Mar 16 2016 Trevor Vaughan email@example.com - 4.2.0-0
- Added deprecation notice
- Ported to using augeasproviders_sysctl natively on the backend
- Wed Feb 24 2016 Chris Tessmer firstname.lastname@example.org - 4.1.0-6
- Minor linting fixes
- Wed Sep 2 2015 Nick Miller email@example.com - 4.1.0-5
- Moved the configuration file from /etc/sysctl.conf to /etc/sysctl.d/20-simp.conf to avoid conflict with packages.
- Wed Feb 18 2015 Trevor Vaughan firstname.lastname@example.org - 4.1.0-4
- Updated to use new simp environment
- Now use the augeasprovider sysctl native type for managing sysctl entries.
- Fri Jan 16 2015 Trevor Vaughan email@example.com - 4.1.0-3
- Changed puppet-server requirement to puppet
- Wed Aug 27 2014 Trevor Vaughan firstname.lastname@example.org - 4.1.0-2
- Updated sysctl::set_value to sysctl::value to match the other open source offerings. Added a deprecation notice to sysctl::set_value and passed through the call to sysctl::value.
- Thu Jun 26 2014 Trevor Vaughan email@example.com - 4.1.0-1
- Removed the insync? method from the set_sysctl_value native type to allow Puppet to self correct in Ruby2.
- Thu Mar 13 2014 Kendall Moore firstname.lastname@example.org - 4.1.0-0
- Updated version number for consistency.
- Thu Jan 09 2014 Nick Markowski email@example.com - 2.1.0-0
- Updated module for puppet3/hiera compatibility, and optimized code for lint tests, and puppet-rspec.
- Fri Nov 30 2012 Maintenance 2.0.0-5
- Created a Cucumber test to ensure that sysctl is configured properly when installed on the puppet server.
- Created a Cucumber test which changes the kernel.msgmax variable using the sysctl::set_value definition and checks to make sure the change has taken effect after a puppet run.
- Tue May 29 2012 Maintenance 2.0.0-4
- If you set the 'value' to 'nil' when calling sysctl::set_value, then it will remove the targeted key from the sysctl.conf file. Note, it will not un-set the value on the running system since there is no way to know what the default used to be.
- Moved mit-tests to /usr/share/simp...
- Updated pp files to better meet Puppet's recommended style guide.
- Fri Mar 02 2012 Maintenance 2.0.0-3
- Improved test stubs.
- Mon Dec 26 2011 Maintenance 2.0.0-2
- Updated the spec file to not require a separate file list.
- Fri Aug 12 2011 Maintenance 2.0.0-1
- The module now properly checks the values of all runtime entries and sets them as appropriate.
- Tue Jan 11 2011 Maintenance 2.0.0-0
- Refactored for SIMP-2.0.0-alpha release
- Mon Nov 08 2010 Maintenance - 1.0-2
- Provides and Obsoletes lines were wrong.
- Tue Oct 26 2010 Maintenance - 1.0-1
- Converting all spec files to check for directories prior to copy.
- Wed Jun 02 2010 Maintenance 1.0-0
- Fixed a problem with multi-valued sysctl arguments and sysctl::set_value.
- Renamed RPM and module to just 'sysctl' for proper module loading.
- Thu Feb 18 2010 Maintenance 0.1-8
- Fixed a typo that was leaving off the last ' in the sysctl command.
- Thu Jan 28 2010 Maintenance 0.1-7
- This function now automatically quotes values so you no longer have to do a crazy quote dance.
- Capabilites were included to ensure that existing double quoted values will continue to function properly.
- Mon Nov 02 2009 Maintenance 0.1-6
- Simple change from require to subscribe.
- herculesteam/augeasproviders_sysctl (>= 2.1.0 < 3.0.0)
pupmod-simp-sysctl - A Puppet Module for managing Sysctl settings -- Per Section 105 of the Copyright Act of 1976, these works are not entitled to domestic copyright protection under US Federal law. The US Government retains the right to pursue copyright protections outside of the United States. The United States Government has unlimited rights in this software and all derivatives thereof, pursuant to the contracts under which it was developed and the License under which it falls. This work derived from previous works: Copyright (C) 2008 Immerda Project Group (Prior to application of any stated License) --- Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.