This module provides Custom Puppet Providers to handle Red Hat Network
Registering and subscribing to additional channels.
It works with
RHN or a
Red Hat Network Satellite Server.
Read Licence file for more information.
- puppet-boolean on GitHub
- Gaël Chamoulaud (gchamoul at redhat dot com)
The module adds the following new types:
rhn_registerfor managing Red Hat Network Registering
rhn_channelfor adding/removing channels
- activationkeys: The activation key to use when registering the system (cannot be used with username and password)
- ensure: Valid values are
absent. Default value is
- force: Should the registration be forced. Use this option with caution, setting it true will cause the rhnreg_ks command to be run every time runs. Default value
- force_check: Should the registration be forced if the server_url on the current system has a mismatch with the one defined during the puppet run. Default value
- hardware: Whether or not the hardware information should be probed. Default value is
- packages: Whether or not packages information should be probed. Default value is
- password: The password to use when registering the system
- profile_name: The name the system should use in RHN or Satellite
- proxy: If needed, specify the HTTP Proxy
- proxy_password: Specify a password to use with an authenticated http proxy
- proxy_user: Specify a username to use with an authenticated http proxy
- rhnsd: Whether or not rhnsd should be started after registering. Default value is
- server_url: Specify a url to use as a server
- ssl_ca_cert: Specify a file to use as the ssl CA cert
- username: The username to use when registering the system
- virtinfo: Whether or not virtualiztion information should be uploaded. Default value is
- channel The channel to manage. (This is the namevar).
- ensure Valid values are
- username The username to use when adding/removing a channel.
- password The password to use when adding/removing a channel.
Registering Clients to Red Hat Network RHN Satellite Server:
Registering Clients to RHN Server:
Adding a Channel:
In your puppet modules directory:
git clone https://github.com/strider/puppet-rhnreg_ks.git
Ensure the module is present in your puppetmaster's own environment (it doesn't
have to use it) and that the master has pluginsync enabled. Run the agent on
the puppetmaster to cause the custom types to be synced to its local libdir
puppet master --configprint libdir) and then restart the puppetmaster so it
Please file any issues or suggestions on on GitHub
Types in this module release
- adrien/boolean (>=0.9.0)
puppet-rhnreg_ks: rhnreg_ks provider for Puppet Copyright (c) 2013 Gaël Chamoulaud <email@example.com> Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.