- Module Description - What the module does and why it is useful
- Setup - The basics of getting started with nrpe
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Reference - An under-the-hood peek at what the module is doing and how
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
- Development - Guide for contributing to the module
This module installs and manages the NRPE server.
This module differs from most existing NRPE module on the following points:
- commands are defined through a simple hash, not through resources;
- plugins are not managed;
- nagios/shinken/any monitoring system is not managed.
- nrpe package and service
This module can be included, required, contained, or defined. However, to be useful, you should define it, as that allows you to specify extra/custom commands and set the allowed hosts.
The module has been tested/used in production with Puppet 3.x.
On the OS side, the module currently only works on Debian-family OSes, but we'd love to get a patch to add support for more families/operating systems.
Development is happening on github, and we welcome pull requests!