####Table of Contents
- Module Description - What the module does and why it is useful
- Setup - The basics of getting started with pig
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Reference - An under-the-hood peek at what the module is doing and how
- Development - Guide for contributing to the module
Install Apache Pig - platform for analyzing large data sets.
This module installs Apacha Pig - platform for analyzing large data sets. By default pig expects locally set-up Hadoop client.
- Fedora 21: native packages (tested on Pig 0.13.0)
- Debian 7/wheezy: Cloudera distribution (tested on CDH 5.3.0, Pig 0.12.0)
- Ubuntu 14/trusty: Cloudera distribution (tested on CDH 5.3.0, Pig 0.12.0)
- RHEL 6, CentOS 6, Scientific Linux 6: Cloudera distribution (tested on CDH 5.4.2, Pig 0.12.0)
###What cesnet-pig module affects
- Packages: installs pig packages
Be aware of:
- Hadoop repositories
- neither Cloudera nor Hortonworks repositories are configured in this module (for Cloudera you can find list and key files here: http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh5/debian/wheezy/amd64/cdh/, Fedora has Hadoop as part of distribution, ...)
###Beginning with pig
By default pig uses Hadoop for its operations, like launched with -x mapreduce:
pig -x mapreduce
Pig can be launched locally this way:
pig -x local
Use Pig with HBase: add following to the pig scripts (replace <ZooKeeper_version> and <HBase_version> by current values):
register /usr/lib/zookeeper/zookeeper-<ZooKeeper_version>.jar register /usr/lib/hbase/hbase-<HBase_version>-security.jar
Use Pig with DataFu: add following to the pig scripts (replace <DataFu_version> by current value):
Install also Pig User-Defined Functions collection.
- Repository: https://github.com/MetaCenterCloudPuppet/cesnet-pig
- Tests: https://github.com/MetaCenterCloudPuppet/hadoop-tests
- Email: František Dvořák <email@example.com>
- puppetlabs/stdlib (>= 1.0.0 <5.0.0)
The MIT License (MIT) Copyright (c) 2014,2015 CESNET Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.