Start using this module
- Setup - The basics of getting started with rex
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Reference - An under-the-hood peek at what the module is doing and how
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
- Development - Guide for contributing to the module
The purpose of this module is to configure existing Satellite/Foreman systems for remote execution (REX).
Import module and publish/promote to appropriate CV/LCE. Configure overrides overrides for the rex::params class. The following two are required, any additional can be tweeked to the desired value.
rex_user = <%= @host.params['remote_execution_ssh_user'] %> resources = --- ssh_authorized_key: <% for _key in @host.params['remote_execution_ssh_keys'] do -%> <% key = _key.split(' ') -%> <%= key %>: user: <%= @host.params['remote_execution_ssh_user'] %> type: <%= key %> key: <%= key %> <% end -%>
Following this, simply enable the rex and rex::params classes on the host[s] or host group[s] of your choosing.
Note: If you plan to use a user other than root, you must configure the
remote_execution_ssh_user found in the Remote Execution portion of the Settings menu.
This module will creat the REX user, if it is not already present and will manage this users password. It will deploy sudo rules to /etc/sudoers.d/rex. Finally, it will deploy the required ssh keys.
- user's home dir
- this module will not work correctly if using ldap (or other external) user
- this module will house the users encrypted password in the UI
- this module could cause unexpected security risks, if not properly configured
hash_resources module must be installed for this module to function correctly. Additionally, if the desired ssh user for REX is not root, this must be configured prior to enableing this module.
- import the module
- configure override for resources
- enable module
Additional user configurable parameters are available via the params class. These paramaters can be used to manage the REX user's password, set password policies, and the user comments field.
This module will not work with external users for REX ssh user.
Author: Roy Williams (chopskxw)
Releases: 0.1.0 - initial dev release 0.1.1 - syntax fixes, etc. 0.1.2 - syntax fixes 0.2.0 - Removed !requiretty from sudo rule, created manifest to check working dir mount options, and change resources parameter to rex_keys