Simplify the installation and initial setup of Homebridge on the Raspberry Pi.
This module makes the installation and initial configuration of Homebridge simpler on the Raspberry Pi. It may work on other operating systems but it was tested on a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian Jessie.
To utilize this module you should have a Raspberry Pi with Raspbian Jessie or Raspbian Jessie Lite installed and running. From there, simply do the following:
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install puppet
- sudo puppet module install puppetlabs-apt
- sudo puppet module install puppet-nodejs
- sudo puppet module install dustinrue-homebridgepi
Then create a file called homebridge.pp and place 'include homebridgepi' into it. Apply this configuration with 'puppet apply homebridge.pp'.
- Installs Nodejs and Homebridge.
- Configures Homebridge to run as root and start at system boot using systemd.
- Places a basic config.json file into /root/.homebridge/config.json
This was tested on Raspbian Jessie Lite. It may work on other operating systems and other platforms.