This version is compatible with:
- Puppet Enterprise 2021.3.x, 2021.2.x, 2021.1.x, 2021.0.x, 2019.8.x, 2019.7.x, 2019.5.x, 2019.4.x, 2019.3.x, 2019.2.x, 2019.1.x, 2019.0.x, 2018.1.x, 2017.3.x, 2017.2.x, 2017.1.x, 2016.5.x, 2016.4.x
- Puppet >=4.0.0 < 8.0.0
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Reference - An under-the-hood peek at what the module is doing and how
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
This module allows you to install IBM Integration Bus (IIB) software. It is part of our family of Puppet modules to install and manage IBM messaging middleware. Besides the
iib_install module, this family also contains:
mq_installto install the MQ software.
mq_configto configure and manage the MQ software
iib_configto manage and configure IBM Integration Bus software
This is a commercially licensed module. But you can use the module on VirtualBox based development systems for FREE. When used on real systems a license is required.
You can license our modules in multiple ways. Our basic licensing model requires a subscription per node. But contact us for details.
Check the License for details.
iib_install module allows you to install your IBM MQ software on your systems. It automatically configures your OS, creates required users and groups, unpacks the files and registers the license.
Here is an example on how to use this:
Check here to see the full documentation for this module.
iib_install module requires:
- Puppet module
- Puppet version 4.9 or higher. Can be Puppet Enterprise or Puppet Open Source
- IBM MQ 8 or 9 installation.
- A valid License from IBM to use this software.
- A valid entitlement by Enterprise Modules to use this module.
- Runs on most Linux systems.
- Windows systems are NOT supported
To install these modules, you can use a
mod 'enterprisemodules/iib_install' ,'1.0.x'
Then use the
r10K to install the software.
You can also install the software using the
puppet module command:
puppet module install enterprisemodules-iib_install
Building a total MQ setup requires quite some work. To help you, we have built some examples:
Thes repos contain examples of how you can install and configure a basic IIB setup.
Here you can find some more information regarding this puppet module:
Here is a related blog posts:
Some example code:
This module runs most Linux versions. It requires a puppet version higher than 4. The module does NOT run on windows systems. Contact us of you need to run this module on other flavors of UNIX. We can work together with you to make it work.
What are tasks?
Modules can contain tasks that take action outside of a desired state managed by Puppet. It’s perfect for troubleshooting or deploying one-off changes, distributing scripts to run across your infrastructure, or automating changes that need to happen in a particular order as part of an application deployment.
Tasks in this module release
- [publish] Add puppet 7 support to the metadata
- [installiib] default lookup password value added
- [core] Generate passwords for unspecfied passwords
[software] Make default for file_name parameter undef
- [software] Make data type of variable source location less restrictive
- [ace] Add support for fixpack 4
- [software] Update allowed fixpacks
- [software] Fix usage with known file names
- [software] Add support for ACE 11.1
- [software] Fix installation when patchlevel is below 10.0.0.8
- [autostart] Use FP10 for acceptance test
- [core] Update reference to camptocamp-systemd
- [software] Add support for version 11 and version 10 patchlevels upto 14
- [core] Allow archive module version 3.0.0 and higher
- [release] Fix metadata information
- [core] Rubocop correct
- [sync] Enable PuppetLint
- [iib_full_version] Fix rubocop and fasterer message
- [iib_full_version] Fix error when unreadable version or build is returned
- [tasks] Add restart tasks
- [tasks] Add start task
- [tasks] Add status task
- [tasks] Add stop task
- [release] Add license notce, license text and readme
- [release] Always install spec_helper
- [os] Fix password setting for iibadmi user
- [release] Make some gems optional for rake
- [quality] Fix rubocop issue
- [software] Add support for Fixpack 11
- [autostart] Initial implementation for RHEL 6 and 7
- [software] Fix compatibility with Puppet version 4.4 and lower
- [software] Better checks and better warnings
- [software] Fix error in compile when fact not set (Initial run)
- [software] Add support for Fixpack 10
- [software] Add support for puppet urls
- [software] Added support for patch_level 9
- [core] Removed bindings and added type
- [os] Add mqm group creation
- [core] Fix bindings
- [facts] Remove debug puts
- [core] Added bindings
- [docs] Added documentation
- [facts] Improve the version detection
- [facts] Add support to symbolic links for iib_full_versions
- [software] Change default for install_root to /opt/IBM
- [os] Manage user home and add add group mqm
- [installiib] Make password configurable
- [os] Fix puppet naming error
- [software] Add support for multiple versions
- [software] Add support for fixpack 8
- [software] Make Puppet title for license acceptance more specific
- [installiib] Initial version
Enterprise Modules License d.d. January 2018 This license (“License”) governs the terms and conditions under which iib_install module (“the Software”) is licensed by Enterprise Modules B.V, a limited liability company in the Netherlands, registered in the Dutch Chamber of Commerce: 63689537 (“Licensor”), to the user of the Software (“Licensee”). Article 1. Grant of license 1.1 Licensor hereby grants to Licensee the right to use the Software for its internal business purposes. 1.2 The license granted in the previous paragraph is limited to the use on VirtualBox Virtual machines. For further use a commercial license must be directly obtained from Licensor. Article 2. License limitations 2.1 All right, title and interest to the Software, the accompanying documentation and all modifications and extensions thereto rest and remain with Licensor. Licensee only has the rights and permissions explicitly granted by this License or granted in writing otherwise. Licensee shall not use, copy, modify, distribute or publish the Software in any other manner. Nothing in this License is intended to, and shall not be construed to, transfer to Licensee any rights in intellectual property developed by Licensor. 2.2 In particular, Licensee shall not: a) provide copies of the Software to third parties, including to entities controlling, controlled by or under common control with Licensee; b) sublicense the Software or otherwise make available the Software to such third parties, including by rental, Software-as-a-Service models or otherwise; c) remove indications of Licensor as copyright holder of the Software or to remove or render illegible any part thereof. 2.3 The Software comprises third-party open source software. The respective third-party rights holders grant Licensee the rights indicated in the applicable open source licenses. These licenses can be found in the documentation. The License does not apply to this open source software, and nothing in this License shall be construed as a limitation of any right granted under an open source license. Article 3. Trademark 3.1 This License does not grant permission to use the trade names, trademarks, service marks, or product names of the Licensor, except as required for reasonable and customary use in describing the origin of the Software. Article 4. Limitation of Liability 4.1 Licensor provides the Software on an "AS IS" basis, and expressly disclaims all conditions, representations or warranties, express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of third party rights regarding the Software. Licensor is solely responsible for determining the appropriateness of using the Software and assume any risks associated arising out of or in connection with the Software and this License. 4.2 Licensor shall not be liable for any damages, including consequential, special, punitive and/or incidental damages or fines imposed by regulatory bodies, arising out of or in connection with the Software and this License. 4.3 Licensee shall release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Licensor from and against any and all claims, damages and liability arising in connection with the Software, including from claims, damages or liability from customers of Licensee. Article 5. Miscellaneous 5.1 Licensor reserves the right to change any or all parts of this License without prior notice. 5.2 The law of the Netherlands governs this License and the terms and conditions therein. 5.3 Any disputes arising between Licensor and Licensee in connection with the License will be settled by the competent courts in the Netherlands for the principal place of business of the Licensor.