Start using this module
- Setup - The basics of getting started with weblogic_version
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Reference - An under-the-hood peek at what the module is doing and how
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
- Development - Guide for contributing to the module
This is a demonstration module to show how you can use custom facts to gather the output of system commands, in this case, to try and find the version of WebLogic being used.
Looks for a copy of WebLogic at
/home/app and reports the version found in fact called
This module just provides a custom fact implementation. To use it, just install the module on your puppet master and agents will begin sending WebLogic version information to the master.
A custom fact indicating the current version of WebLogic found
Only compatible with Linux style OS's due to shell commands being used in the custom type. Expects to find WebLogic on the system at
Puppet do not provide support for this module
This is more an example of how to write a custom fact then a useful module. I'm pretty sure
/home/app isn't where WebLogic is supposed to be installed but it worked for me for demonstration purposes.
Happy to review PRs to make this module useful.
- puppetlabs-stdlib (>= 1.0.0)