- Module Description - What the module does and why it is useful
- Setup - The basics of getting started with eyaml
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
This module manages installation and setup of hiera-eyaml backend for PE puppetserver as well as for command line interface.
It installs hiera-eyaml backend for puppet server and also installs hiera-eyaml gem for CLI. It creates and manages public and private keys for hiera-eyaml.
It creates the directory /etc/puppetlabs/puppet/secure/keys, manages appropriate file permissions and generates the keys in this directory.
- hiera-eyaml package for puppetserver
- hiera-eyaml gem for CLI
- Directory structure /etc/puppetlabs/puppet/secure/keys
- Public and private keys for hiera-eyaml in /etc/puppetlabs/puppet/secure/keys
After installing hiera-eyaml from this module edit your hiera.yaml appropriately .
- Declare the classes eyaml and eyaml::keys
- Edit hiera.yaml to add eyaml backend
- include eyaml
- include eyaml::keys