This version is compatible with:
Start using this module
- Module Description - What the module does and why it is useful
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Reference - An under-the-hood peek at what the module is doing and how
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
This module is meant to provide a simple interface to manage firewalld (currently) and eventually iptables.
The module currently only supports RedHat (7) and Debian (14.04) family, but I am working to allow this module to work with other OSes.
This module provides a provider and type for the firewalld service. Currently, firewalld is the only firewall supported, however, I am in the process of creating an iptables provider.
This module manages the firewalld service and configures the rules for the firewall.
###Create firewall rule for https service in public zone:
###Adding a permanent port/protocol firewall rule in public zone:
###Remove a service
This example will create multiple rules in the firewall that will use only tcp.
The following providers and types are created within this module:
Currently this module is compatible with RedHat (7) and Debian (14.04)family. I am working on other OSes and will update this accordingly. The module currently supports the following options:
port(allows string or array)
service(allows string or array)
richrule(allows string or array)
block_icmp(allows string or array)
falsemyfirewall will only create a temporary rule
note: This option has to be used with the permanent => true
- myzones for Debian systems may not work as the firewall-cmd command does not have
--new-zone=option. However, if the firewall-cmd does have the
--new-zoneoption then it should work as normal.
- git clone https://github.com/nohtyp/myfirewall.git
- cd into directory
- vagrant up test02
- vagrant provision test02 (can be used to retest new options in your puppet manifest)
There seems to be a bug with using arrays for creating zones. I will have to put a bug report in with RH to see if there is truly an issue.
Types in this module release
- puppetlabs-stdlib (>= 1.0.0 <5.0.0)