- Module Description - What the module does and why it is useful
- Setup - The basics of getting started with puppetagent
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Reference - An under-the-hood peek at what the module is doing and how
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
- Development - Guide for contributing to the module
Takes smart class parameter values and makes puppet.conf file similar across all servers. Works with RHEL6/7 and AIX.
This modules have template for RHEL6/7 and AIX. Smart class parameters that can be changed: pluginsync = 'true', ca_server = 'puppet_ca_server', server = 'puppet_server', environment = 'Library', runinterval = '30m', ignoreschedules = 'false',
This will replace /etc/puppet/puppet.conf file with template with above smart class parmeters values that can be changed.
Put the classes, types, and resources for customizing, configuring, and doing the fancy stuff with your module here.
On RHEL 6, if the changes are replace on puppet.conf with template and smart class parameters, notify to restart service puppet results in error.
service puppet status
puppet dead but pid file exists
As a workaround, /etc/puppet/puppet_restart.sh will be created with service puppet stop/start.
Will consider fix/performace/add lines in template/more functions.