- Module Description - A Puppet module for managing mcafee
- Setup - The basics of getting started with pupmod-simp-mcafee
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Reference - An under-the-hood peek at what the module is doing and how
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
- Development - Guide for contributing to the module
This module is a component of the System Integrity Management Platform, a compliance-management framework built on Puppet.
If you find any issues, they can be submitted to our JIRA.
This class installed the command line McAfee anti-virus scanner and configures updates to be pulled from rsync.
simp/mcafee will install McAfee, create an /opt/mcafee_dat directory and use
simp/rsync to control the /opt/mcafee_dat contents.
simp/rsync will use the
data contained in /srv/rsync/mcafee on the Puppet Master by default.
simp/mcafee requires the
To use this module, just include it as a class in hiera or manifests.
rsync_server: The rsync server used in the SIMP environment. Valid Options: An IP Address or FQDN.
rsync_timeout: The timeout in seconds to transfer the data. Valid Options: Integer. Default: '2'
This module is only designed to work in RHEL or CentOS 6 and 7. Any other operating systems have not been tested and results cannot be guaranteed.
Please see the SIMP Contribution Guidelines.
- Thu Jul 06 2017 Liz Nemsick email@example.com - 6.0.1-0
- Confine puppet version in metadata.json
- Mon Dec 19 2016 Nick Markowski firstname.lastname@example.org - 6.0.0-0
- Updated global catalysts
- Mon Dec 05 2016 Trevor Vaughan email@example.com - 6.0.0-0
- Updated to use the environment-aware rsync in SIMP 6
- Wed Nov 23 2016 Jeanne Greulich firstname.lastname@example.org - 5.0.0-0
- Bump major version for simp 6
- Mon Nov 21 2016 Trevor Vaughan email@example.com - 4.1.3-0
- Compliance map updates and general houskeeping
- Mon Jul 11 2016 Trevor Vaughan firstname.lastname@example.org - 4.1.1-0
- Migration to semantic versioning and fix of the build system
- Fri Jan 16 2015 Trevor Vaughan email@example.com - 4.1.0-2
- Changed puppet-server requirement to puppet
- Tue Apr 22 2014 Trevor Vaughan firstname.lastname@example.org - 4.1.0-1
- Removed all calls to any global variables.
- Sun Mar 02 2014 Kendall Moore email@example.com - 4.1.0-0
- Refactored manifests for hiera and puppet 3 compatibility.
- Added rspec tests for test coverage.
- Mon Feb 25 2013 Maintenance 2.0-5
- Added a call to $::rsync_timeout to the rsync call since it is now required.
- Wed Apr 11 2012 Maintenance 2.0.0-4
- Moved mit-tests to /usr/share/simp...
- Updated pp files to better meet Puppet's recommended style guide.
- Fri Mar 02 2012 Maintenance 2.0.0-3
- Improved test stubs.
- Mon Dec 26 2011 Maintenance 2.0.0-2
- Updated the spec file to not require a separate file list.
- Thu Jan 27 2011 Maintenance 2.0.0-1
- Updated to use rsync native type
- Tue Jan 11 2011 Maintenance 2.0.0-0
- Refactored for SIMP-2.0.0-alpha release
- Tue Oct 26 2010 Maintenance - 1-1
- Converting all spec files to check for directories prior to copy.
- Fri May 21 2010 Maintenance 1.0-0
- Code refactor and Doc update
pupmod-simp-mcafee - A Puppet Module for managing the McAfee command line scanner -- Per Section 105 of the Copyright Act of 1976, these works are not entitled to domestic copyright protection under US Federal law. The US Government retains the right to pursue copyright protections outside of the United States. The United States Government has unlimited rights in this software and all derivatives thereof, pursuant to the contracts under which it was developed and the License under which it falls. --- Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.