This version is compatible with:
This module has been deprecated by its author since Jan 18th 2019.
The author has suggested simp-simp_snmpd as its replacement.
Start using this module
This module is a component of the System Integrity Management Platform, a compliance-management framework built on Puppet.
If you find any issues, they can be submitted to our JIRA.
Please excuse us as we transition this code into the public domain.
Downloads, discussion, and patches are still welcome!
- Thu Feb 18 2016 Chris Tessmer firstname.lastname@example.org - 4.1.0-5
- Minor linting fixes
- Mon Nov 09 2015 Chris Tessmer email@example.com - 4.1.0-4
- migration to simplib and simpcat (lib/ only)
- Fri Jan 16 2015 Trevor Vaughan firstname.lastname@example.org - 4.1.0-3
- Changed puppet-server requirement to puppet
- Sun Jun 22 2014 Kendall Moore email@example.com - 4.1.0-2
- Removed MD5 file checksums for FIPS compliance.
- Mon May 19 2014 Kendall Moore firstname.lastname@example.org - 4.1.0-1
- Removed stock classes and corresponding spec tests so they can be ported to the SIMP module.
- Wed Apr 30 2014 Kendall Moore email@example.com - 4.1.0-0
- Refactored all manifests to pass lint tests.
- Removed all singleton defines.
- Added spec tests.
- Tue Apr 22 2014 Trevor Vaughan firstname.lastname@example.org - 4.1.0-0
- Updated to use hiera to replace all globals.
- Thu Feb 13 2014 Kendall Moore email@example.com - 2.0.1-2
- Updated all boolean strings to native booleans.
- Mon Oct 07 2013 Kendall Moore firstname.lastname@example.org - 2.0.1-1
- Updated all erb templates to properly scope variables.
- Fri Jul 26 2013 Trevor Vaughan email@example.com - 2.0.1-0
- Changed all calls to file_line to simp_file_line.
- Mon Feb 25 2013 Maintenance 2.0.0-9
- Added a call to $::rsync_timeout to the rsync call since it is now required.
- Edited the Cucumber test to include correct class.
- Mon Jan 07 2013 Maintenance 2.0.0-8
- Created a Cucumber test to install and configure an snmpd stock server and ensure that the snmpd service is running.
- Wed Apr 11 2012 Maintenance 2.0.0-7
- Now use the Puppet Labs stdlib function 'file_line' instead of 'functions::append_if_no_such_line'
- Moved mit-tests to /usr/share/simp...
- Updated pp files to better meet Puppet's recommended style guide.
- Fri Mar 02 2012 Maintenance 2.0.0-6
- Improved test stubs.
- Mon Dec 19 2011 Maintenance 2.0.0-5
- Updated the spec file to not require a separate file list.
- Added a '1' after dontLogTCPWrappersConnects to make it actually take effect.
- Mon Dec 05 2011 Maintenance 2.0.0-4
- No longer restart snmpd every time an rsync happens. This was due to the extended ACLs getting overwritten which should not have been done.
- Mon Nov 14 2011 Maintenance 2.0.0-3
- Updated to add a stock class and fix some issues with running as a non-root user. Snmpd now runs as snmpd/snmpd by default under uid/gid 333.
- Mon Oct 10 2011 Maintenance 2.0.0-2
- Updated to put quotes around everything that need it in a comparison statement so that puppet > 2.5 doesn't explode with an undef error.
- Fri Feb 11 2011 Maintenance - 2.0.0-1
- Changed all instances of defined(Class['foo']) to defined('foo') per the directions from the Puppet mailing list.
- Updated to use rsync native type
- Updated to use concat_build and concat_fragment types.
- Tue Jan 11 2011 Maintenance 2.0.0-0
- Refactored for SIMP-2.0.0-alpha release
- Fri Nov 05 2010 Maintenance - 1.0-3
- /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf is now owned by root.snmp
- Tue Oct 26 2010 Maintenance - 1.0-2
- Converting all spec files to check for directories prior to copy.
- Thu Sep 09 2010 Maintenance 1.0-1
- Replaced tcpwrappers::tcpwrappers_allow with tcpwrappers::allow.
- Tue May 25 2010 Maintenance 1.0-0
- Renamed the snmp module to snmpd as it should have been to begin with.
- Tue Apr 27 2010 Maintenance 0.1-3
- Had misplaced '$' signs in the main define.
- Thu Jan 28 2010 Maintenance 0.1-2
- Now ensure that all snmp templates pre-fill return string values. Previously, this could have ended up with a 'nil' evaluation and execution falut.
- Mon Nov 02 2009 Morgan Haskel firstname.lastname@example.org - 0.1-1
- Tested version with all modules.
- SNMPD should be fully templated.
- snmptrapd has not yet been covered.
- Tue Oct 20 2009 Morgan Haskel email@example.com - 0.1-0
- Initial Release
pupmod-simp-snmpd - A Puppet Module for managing SNMPD -- Per Section 105 of the Copyright Act of 1976, these works are not entitled to domestic copyright protection under US Federal law. The US Government retains the right to pursue copyright protections outside of the United States. The United States Government has unlimited rights in this software and all derivatives thereof, pursuant to the contracts under which it was developed and the License under which it falls. --- Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.