- Setup - The basics of getting started with isccsi
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
- Development - Guide for contributing to the module
This module installs and configures open-iscsi. Furthermore this module also enables one to log in to one or multiple targets. To keep the scope of this module to only one task. Another module can be used in addition to mount the target's filesystem.
The advantage of using this module is that you can selectively specify which target IQNs you want to log in to. However, I still recommend to implement something like LUN-masking in order to enforce selective access on both sides.
This module affects the installation of open-iscsi as well as the targets to which the initiator is currently logged into.
- Puppet >= 5.00
- Stdlib Module
By default the module is configured to work with Hiera. An example configuration of a hiera yaml file can be found below.
--- classes: - iscsi iscsi::startupmode: 'automatic' iscsi::iscsitarget: 'data': ip: '192.168.1.1' iqn: 'iqn-as-configured-on-target'
Currently the following limitations exist with this module:
- No fully worked out rspec
- Only support for Debian and Ubuntu
- The provider and custom type currently only support two parameters (ip and iqn). However this can be easily extended.
- puppetlabs/stdlib (>= 4.0.0 <= 5.0.0)