java7 Puppet Module
- Module Description
- Setup - The basics of getting started with java7
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Reference - An under-the-hood peek at what the module is doing and how
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
- Development - Guide for contributing to the module
The module java7 installs the oracle java7 jdk on Ubuntu or Debian based system.
This module adds a apt repository and then proceeds to install oracle jdk7
NOTE: This module may only be used if you agree to the Oracle license: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/terms/license/
- Install oracle jdk using the 'https://launchpad.net/~webupd8team/+archive/ubuntu/java' deb package
- Sets up a system wide
None at the moment.
include java7 is enough to get you up and running.
All interaction with the java7 module can be done through the main java7 class.
###I just want Oracle java 7 jdk, what's the minimum I need?
- java7: Main class
This module has been built on and tested against Puppet 3.2 and higher.
The module has been tested on:
- Ubuntu 12.04
- Ubuntu 14.04
Testing on other platforms has been light and cannot be guaranteed.
2014-09-18 - Sebastian Otaegui firstname.lastname@example.org - 0.3.0
- Add tests and clean up the java7 module
- Added rspec-tests
- Added acceptance testing
- Add long key instead of short GPG (see evil32.com)
2014-03-16 - Sebastian Otaegui email@example.com - 0.2.2
- change back to ppa repository from webupd8team
2014-03-16 - Sebastian Otaegui firstname.lastname@example.org - 0.2.1
- change ppa repository to http://ppa.launchpad.net/feniix/java/ubuntu
Copyright 2014 Sebastian Otaegui Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.