Table of Contents
This is the dnsupdate module. It uses nsupdate included with bind-utils to manage DNS records.
This module will delete invalid A records, and create valid A records with a matching PTR in Microsoft Active Directory Integrated DNS. It checks to make sure the bind-utils package is installed and creates a nsupdate file /etc/nsupdate which is formed from template using facter in for an nsupdate script. It then queuries DNS using nslookup to match PTR and A records, if either don't match, it runs.
You may need to configure AD DNS security to allow the zone updates.
puppetlabs/stdlib >= 4.2.0
- RHEL 5, 6, 7
- CentOS 6, 7
- Oracle Enterprise Linux 5, 6, 7
- Fedora 18, 19, 20, 21
This module has been tested on:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- RHEL 7
- CentOS 6
- CentOS 5
- Oracle Enterprise Linux 6
- John Richards firstname.lastname@example.org (MOD) original bash service script this module was based on
- Justin Dossey email@example.com (New Context) for the elegant sed
- TomyWork (IRC #puppet) for the helping me figure out the operator and shell provider for unless
- puppetlabs/stdlib (>= 4.2.0 < 6.0.0)