This version is compatible with:
- Puppet Enterprise >=2015.2.0 < 2016.3.0
Start using this module
BGInfo automatically displays relevant information about a Windows computer on the desktop's background, such as the computer name, IP address, service pack version, and more. This module installs bginfo using chocolatey and deploys a default template configuration.
Classify your Windows node with the bginfo class. You'll need chocolatey there at some point to install the software. The module includes the default bgi configuration file which includes a lot of information, feel free to replace it with one that fits your use case. For more information on bginfo, visit https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bginfo.aspx
There are three parameters in the init class:
- String $conffile: Puppet path to the configuration file. Defaults to puppet:///bginfo/default.bgi.
- String $confpath: Where to store BGInfo configuration's file in the target system. Defaults to c:/default.bgi.
- Boolean $setonstart: Configure a BAT script to start bginfo when any user logs in.
- Boolean $addtrustedsite: If using ESC in Internet Explorer, add download.sysinternals.com to trusted sites for https only.